A Lesson for Techies
Tim Ryan, co-owner of The Willows, called us back and calmly explained what was going on with the new Google Glass policy. Last week, at the height of the Molotov’s drama, the staff over at the pub got together and decided not to allow Google Glass-wearing customers. The next day, a man came to the bar wearing Google Glass and got upset when the bartender asked him to remove it. “He stormed out and gave us a one-star review on Yelp,” Ryan tells us. (Erin Sherbert)
Tech writer Sarah Slocum wrote on her Facebook page that she was at Molotov’s on Haight Street Friday night. Slocum said she was showing someone at the bar how the high-tech glasses work, when two women confronted her. Then, a man ripped the Google Glass off of her face.
“OMG so you’ll never believe this but… I got verbally and physically assaulted and robbed last night in the city, had things thrown at me because of some *** Google Glass haters …” Slocum wrote on her Facebook page.
Slocum also said someone stole her purse and her phone . She said she later recovered the Google Glass along with video on the device that shows the man who ripped the glasses off her face. Her purse and phone are still missing. (Joe Vazquez)
Okay techies. Everyone is getting sick of your shit. So stop acting up, and follow these 5 simple steps.
1. Don’t wear Google Glass in bars. No excuses, just don’t do it. No one wants you fucking recording them. I promise you, in the words of MCA (RIP), you’ll get mopped…I’ll stir fry you in my wok.
2. Have some respect for the original inhabitants of your neighborhoods (Mission/Haight/Cole Valley/SOMA) and don’t act like you’re cool because Google sends a bus to pick you up everyday. If you do, I will send Vietnam Tom to ride along…
3. Don’t complain on ANY social media outlet if you were acting like a Techy Hipster douche in public. If you write a bad Yelp review about a local bar, you will end up being as ugly as Sarah Slocum (pictured above). WUFF.
4. Don’t leave your Fixie locked up on Mission, Valencia, or Haight because it will get stolen. If not, it will look like this…
5. Move closer to where you work. Move to the Peninsula. I found some nice parks where you can ride your Fixies freely.
And when you get to the park, make sure you do as this guy does…
How about the guy acting like he cares if he’s alright or not… “Did you film it?” Awesome.